- Da Jacob Gyang Buba was born on the 10th of October, 1951 to the Lo-Wet family of Lo Du in Madu village of Du District of Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State.
- He is the first son of his father, Da Buba Dung Bot and Ngo Kaneng Buba all of blessed memory. He started his formal education at SUM elementary school Chwelnyap in Jos between 1960 and 1963 and completed his elementary education at Baptist Day school, Jos. His leadership qualities were cited from the very beginning as he was appointed class monitor while in Baptist Day Primary School.
- He sat for and passed the common entrance examination and interview into one of the few Secondary Schools then in the Jos Division, the Provincial Secondary School, Kuru, now the prestigious Government Secondary School Kuru where he was between 1967 and 1971. While in Kuru, shone in his abundant sporting engagements which enabled him to represent the school and the then Benue Plateau State in athletics and basketball which became his lifelong passion.
- After he left Kuru in 1971, he worked briefly as a clerk in the Federal Pay Office Jos from where he proceeded to the institute of Administration, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he successfully earned a Diploma in Banking.
- He served in many formations of the Customs Service in different parts of the country.
- By the special grace of God, he was in 2004 appointed the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service and in 2005 and 2009 he was awarded with the National Honours of the Officer of the Federal Republic, OFR and Commander of the Order of the Niger, CON respectively.
- Da Jacob Gyang Buba is a Christian of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church and had served on the Board of Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State.
8. Upon the demise of His predecessor, Da Victor Dung Pam in 2009, the processes for the selection of a new person to occupy the revered stool of Gbong Gwom Jos, was put in motion which eventually saw to the selection of Da Jacob Gyang Buba as the Gbong Gwom Jos, by the King makers in accordance with the Customs and Traditions of the Berom Nation. As Gbong Gwom Jos, He is the President of the Jos Joint Traditional Council and also Chairman of the Plateau State Council of Chiefs.
9. His Majesty, Da Jacob Gyang Buba the Gbong Gwom Jos is for the second time appointed to serve as the Chancellor Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
10. He is keen sportsman and also loves reading and travelling.
He is happily married to Ngo Rakiya Gyang Buba and are blessed with many children and grand-children.